A Web Hosting Service typically provides technologies and supplies at cost which enables your website to go live, meaning that it can be viewed on the internet by the general viewing public. Hosting services can optionally handle all your databases, website tools, File Upload needs (through FTP) and Email Accounts.
When you sign up with a Hosting Service, you are essentially contracting a third-party service provider to host your website on their server. A hosting service will often provide you with your own custom domain name, which allows you to make your website more accessible to your potential visitors.
What is TSO Host?
TSO Host is a Cloud Based Hosting Service that performs all the aforementioned tasks. At current writing time, TSOHost boasts of a whopping 250,000 customers. Its list of offered services includes WordPress hosting, Cloud Web Hosting, cPanel Hosting, VPS Hosting, and a Dedicated Server. It encapsulates its features into packages that you can choose according to your needs and budget. Its strong point lies in the thousands of custom domains it offers for your website creation requirements.
Microsoft Blacklisting of TSO Host
As we discussed before, any hosting service can optionally also take care of your email domain and mailing lists. Emails are then routed through the hosting service at the correct email id.
Recently, Microsoft has blacklisted TSO Host’s bulk email domain, meaning you can no longer send large bulk emails to any Microsoft owned email domain (Outlook and Hotmail).
Resellers using TSO Host infrastructure were making use of the dedicated TSO bulk IP. It was noticed that any emails sent to Microsoft accounts were getting bounced.
TSO Host on the Backfoot
Surprisingly enough, TSO Host isn’t taking the stringent action expected of it. The senior team at the hosting organization requested the removal of TSO accounts, but Microsoft didn’t show much interest. Things have gone stale rapidly regarding this matter.
A few bewildered customers complained to The Reg, which is an opinion website that publishes articles and news related to all things Science and Tech. The Reg went on to communicate with TSO Host on an invitation from the hosting service, but there was no response from them.
In its status page message, TSO Host has since added: “We are still awaiting an update on the matter with Microsoft. Once we have information from them, we will further update.”
What it means for you
If you are on TSO Host and you have addresses that are hosted on Outlook or Hotmail, chances are your emails won’t be getting delivered. Bounced emails have a possibility of behaving erratically, which means it is very risky for your critical emails to be sent through the TSO Hosting service.
When there’s a bone of contention between two tech giants, it is oftenly the frustrated layman who suffers. It does not seem like the contest between the two organizations is going to get resolved soon. It is advisable that other options be explored.
Logix Solutions also offers Web Hosting Services.
Our studies have uncovered staggering statistics which show that only about 75% of the emails reach their intended recipients. The rest of the 25% are eaten up in the internet void due to filtering based on email bulk, sender’s IP and perhaps, as discussed above, blacklisting.
To ameliorate the situation and provide Guaranteed Email Delivery, we have come up with our own unique VolumeMail Support System. Our economical bulk email solution is built to deliver Marketing and Transactional emails directly to the Customers’ Inbox subject to a valid, genuine opt-in database.
VolumeMail encompasses an all-comprehensive umbrella solution which provides Secure Email Hosting on Cloud, specialising in Hybrid Messaging , Microsoft CSP, Top Platinum Partner in the ASEAN region, Cloud Email & Collaboration, IceWarp Partnership, premise messaging & collaboration setups, and SLA backed email solutions.
More details can be seen here.