Security being a biggest concern in cloud, lets look at how can you gain Office 365 Security through multi factor authentication.
Multi factor authentication requires more than one method of authentication from independent categories of credentials to verify the user’s identity for a login or other transaction.
To provide enhanced Office 365 security, Microsoft uses multi-factor authentication. It is managed from the Office 365 admin center.
Multi-factor authentication capabilities includes:
- Enable multi-factor authentication for end users
- Mobile app access (online and one-time password [OTP]) as a second authentication factor
- Phone call as a second authentication factor
- Short Message Service (SMS) message as a second authentication factor
- Application passwords for non browser clients (for example, the Microsoft Lync 2013 communications software)
- Default Microsoft greetings during authentication phone calls
How to activate multi factor authentication for Office 365:
1. Sign in to your microsoft account and navigate to the Office 365 admin center.
2. Select users and groups.
3. Next to set Multi-Factor Authentication requirements click set up.
4. Find the user that you wish to enable for multi-factor authentication.
5. You will get options to Enable and disable. This will bring up a pop-up that will specify the next steps you need to take with your users. Click enable Multi-Factor Authentication. Once you have enabled your users, it is recommended to inform your users with an email.
6. Once you have enabled the account for multi-factor authentication, your Office 365 users can sign-in and finish registration process.
|Windows||Mac||iOS||Android phone||Android tablet|
|Modern authentication for Word 2013, Word 2016, Excel 2013, Excel 2016, PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint 2016, OneNote 2013, OneNote 2016, Project 2013, Project 2016, Visio 2013, Visio 2016, Lync 2013, and Skype for Business is supported with this release.||Modern authentication for Word 2016 for Mac, Excel 2016 for Mac, and PowerPoint 2016 for Mac is supported with this release.||Modern authentication for Word for iPad, Excel for iPad, and PowerPoint for iPad is supported with this release.||Modern authentication for Word for Android, Excel for Android, and PowerPoint for Android is supported with this release.||Modern authentication for Word for Android, Excel for Android, and PowerPoint for Android is supported with this release.|
|Modern authentication for Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 is supported with this release.||Modern authentication for Outlook 2016 for Mac is supported with this release.||Modern authentication for Outlook for iPad is supported with this release.|
Logix is helping organizations to implement, migrate, train and support organizations to adopt Office 365 effectively.
Logix is proud to have more than 300+ Microsoft Office 365 customers and has been honoured as Best Microsoft Cloud Service Provider in India.
If you have any query related to Office 365 security or solution, plans and offers you can schedule a demo.